After the hassle of starting a Coworking space, is the biggest task of running one. The work of an entrepreneur does not end with just getting the property and launching it, in fact, it starts off after the launch where the office space has to be managed on a day to day basis.'' Smartworks Office provides such co-working spaces that help you get a hassle free, good working environment, '' says Neetish Sarda
, Founder Smartworks.
The important points to consider to run a successful Coworking space:
Basic Amenities and Facilities
– The Coworking space should have basic amenities like free WIFI, pantry, tea & coffee, meeting rooms, lobby, break out areas with gaming zones etc. which the members could use. These basic facilities are what a member looks for and why they choose to work out of a Coworking space instead of traditional office space. Timely management and upkeep of the same will be recommended.
– Hiring a Community Manager who typically belongs to a hotel management background at the Coworking space would be recommended. The Community Manager will be the point of contact for the members to address all their day to day concerns. They will look after the centre and report any difficulties faced by any member or anyone else at the centre. Here is a blog on “Hospitality”, that would give a better understanding of what to implement.
– The operations team should be pro efficient in their work and ensure the smallest of the smallest hassle is fixed at the Coworking space to ensure members can work without any space specific hurdles.
– Keep the community engaged. Host networking and various fun & games activities for your members. This is what will keep them going. The whole point of collaborating and networking at a shared office space should not be lost, hence timely events will help in the same.
– The more diverse the members are at the workspace, the better it will be for the community. People like fresh ideas and such ideas can be from an absolute stranger at a lunch table.